Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mine, Yours', and the Other Guy's Genealogy

Mine, Yours', and the Other Guy's Genealogy has kind of morphed into a blog about my Flanagan's and McLaughlin's for the most part these days.  I am hoping that more of my other family lines produce some successful research in the near future.  It is true that I have a fair amount of information about my Maxwell's too.  My other Irish family lines have either come to a stop or definitely a slow crawl.

It would appear that my initial destiny on my family tree journey is with my Mom's side of the family.  The more I look, the more I find.  The information can actually be rather overwhelming at times.  So what should I do about about my Dad's side of the family?  I have limited resources to even ask about my relatives.  My father passed away in 2004.  To be honest, he knew only limited information.  He did know his Hickey grandparents though.  He lived with them when he attended first grade in New York City.  I need to start writing down the stories that he told about Patrick and Johanna (Coughlin) Hickey.  I do have my Dad's siblings too as living resources.

McGuire has proven to be a hard name to trace.  It is a pretty common last name in NYC back in the late 1800s.  I am ever hopeful that the marriage certificates that I ordered in June from the State of New York actually show up before Christmas.  I'd probably have more luck at this point researching my Maguire line in Ireland.  Yes, I am both a McGuire and a Maguire.  Funny how that works sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment