Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

How much do you know about your family tree?

As I surpass the century mark on my blog posts about my family tree, I had no idea that I would be able to write so much about my research.  Sometimes, I think that I am just going on and on about information that even my own family may not find very interesting.  Then, I remember that there are those connected to my family tree who do read my blog, at least the parts that pertain to their line.

So where do I go from here.  Well, there is no "I" in team.  I do like the fact that there is a team of researchers out there who support my efforts.  I also know that even if I were to give up my research for a while (which probably won't happen anytime soon!) that this blog can live on in cyberspace.  It can act as a sort of repository for those who are connected to my family tree.

As always, my decision has been to leave off any information about living individuals.  If they author a post, then I am willing to include their name as the author unless they want to remain anonymous.  I am all about protecting the privacy of those who want it protected, including my own.  I certainly don't want my personal information floating around out there.  (It probably already is but at least it's not listed in this forum.)

I probably have more stories to tell and "articles" to write.  An additional approach that I plan to take which may seem rather tedious, is to place my actual tree in my blog.  I have not quite figured out the format for this endeavor.  Know that it will not look like Ancestry.com or much like a tree.  The work will probably be more in the format of lists with family groups.  I will do my best to index the pages as I've done with my articles.  Because of my time constraints, the flow of the tree lists may not be sequential and continuous but I will try to keep things in some sort of order. 

My goal with this blog has always been to network, communicate clearly, protect the privacy of living individuals, research my family, and have fun.  I think using this forum as a repository for our family tree information will help it live on for at least the next generation or so.  Let's not lose this momentum, otherwise, we will leave the next generation wondering who their ancestors were.

No comments:

Post a Comment