Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Friday, February 25, 2011

Who Do You Think You Are? - Rosie O'Donnell

I had the opportunity to watch Rosie O'Donnell's "Who Do You Think You Are?" Episode.  It was really good.  I have saved this episode on my DVR recorder for now.  I may just watch it again soon.  Being Irish and researching an Irish line can be daunting.  You never know what you might find.  I am starting to experience this too.  I acknowledge the fact that I will need to go to Ireland at some point to discover more.  This is exactly what Rosie O'Donnell did.

Her discovery about her Murtagh's in Kildare in a workhouse was moving.  I don't know much about workhouses in Ireland but have stumbled across the mention of them in several locations.  Watching Rosie walk through one with a guide explaining the purpose of them and living conditions was quite eye-opening.

My only criticism of this episode would be that it left me wanting more.  Rosie is not just Irish with one family line and could probably have gone to other locations in Ireland to find her roots.  She probably did but they only pick the most compeling story to show in the 42 minutes that is allotted for the running time.  You know, the network needs those other 18 minutes for commercials.

So next up is Kim Cattrall's episode.  I watched it already under the guise of the UK version and on YouTube.  Here's my previous post Kim Cattrall.  I will watch it again in hopes that they add some updated information from the original episode.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment