Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Someone's Ancestor Sunday - My Ancestor, My Father - Brian E. McGuire

Happy Father's Day to all dads, dads-to-be and grandfathers!  When I reflect on my own father, I realize that it has now been almost seven years since he passed away.  He never did get to meet his grandchildren, although, a very good friend once said, "Oh but wait, he has!  He's always with you, don't you know."  Depending on what you believe (and I want to believe!), that is such a comforting thought and makes my heart smile.

I often wonder what he'd think of his grandchildren.  Let's just say the youngest one is rather spirited and we all think that comes from my father's side of the family. 

Anyway, I would write more about my father but am not quite ready to post a fully researched and completed biography for him.  We do miss him.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Brian E. McGuire
January 26, 1944 - August 14, 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment