Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

James Maxwell 1786 Scotland

James and Maxwell are not the most uncommon names.  If I look for my James Maxwell in Scotland, do I find him on a census circa 1780?  I'm not sure because I found about six James Maxwells indicated a number of months back.  I abandoned the search because of my lack of knowledge about the geography of Scotland plus if and when he might have left for Ireland.  I can find his son, Joseph Patrick Maxwell, in Ireland circa 1850 in the Shancarnan area of County Meath, in the Parish of Moynalty.  I certainly have more to find out about him but what about James Maxwell?

How do you find someone with such a common name and a likely common reason for leaving Scotland for Ireland?  Was he a transplant by the British?  Did he remain in Scotland but his son moved to Ireland?  How much do I really know?  Not much.

The following are some posts from my blog that mention James Maxwell:

Family Tree Worksheet Circa 1970-80 - Maxwell
Descendants of James Maxwell Part 1
Descendants of James Maxwell Part 2

Will I find the man and his ancestors?

No comments:

Post a Comment